National Squad selection criterial
HKWSA would strive to select the best available athletes in respective divisions to represent the association and Hong Kong in overseas tournaments based on an open and fair process. Nominations would be based on the following factors with the final selection approved by the executive committee:
o Top 3 winners in his/her Division in recent HKWSA recognized local or overseas tournaments
o Be a current HKWSA member in good standing
o Conduct and sportsmanship
o Performance in recent squad training
o Coach's recommendation
If funding is available to support the team's travel expenses, the subsidy allocation would be in accordance to the guidelines as laid down by the Leisure & Cultural Services Department (LCSD).
Appeal mechanism for National Squad selection
1. An athlete may appeal for their exclusion from the HK National Squad by specifying in writing appropriate reasons within 14 days of the date of announcement of the selected members of HK National Squad.
2. The HKWSA committee will review the appeal at the next monthly meeting.
3. If the appeal is rejected, the athlete may further appeal to the HKWSA Appeals Committee for review. Any such appeal must be submitted again in writing sent by post to HKWSA’s office 14 days from the date of such rejection.
4. The HKWSA Appeals Committee will consist of 3-5 members appointed by the HKWSA committee to handle any such appeal.
5. The decision of the HKWSA Appeals Committee will be final with no further right of appeal.
The appeal must
be in writing (marked as "Confidential") and it should be delivered
to the HKWSA office.
(Address: Room1025, Olympic House, 1 Stadium Path, So Kon Po, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong).
Updated as at 2016 May 11
Copyright 2016 Hong Kong Water Ski Association. All Rights Reserved.